UPDATE 4/27/19: We still have a few 6 day old chicks looking for homes! Last round of baby chicks expected next week.
The Chick Information Station is set up in the main lobby of the store. There you’ll find our 2019 “catalog” of chick choices for layers, or you can download the pdf here: ChickChoices2019 Make sure that you’ve signed up with us to be emailed when the chicks arrive. We have email sign up forms at the Chick Station if you need one or you can message us on Facebook.
Ducks-Khaki, Rouen and Pekin order by March 30. Delivery expected week of April 29. Turkeys-White or Bronze order by April 13. Deliveries expected weeks of May 13 and June 10.
Whether you have a flock of chickens, a gaggle of geese or some ducks, the CoOp is where you can get what you need. We offer Green Mountain and New Country Organic feed plus other high quality feed from: Poulin Grain www.poulingrain.com . Also poultry feeds and supplements from Manna Pro www.mannapro.com We sell fresh Diemand eggs at the store (for when your ladies are taking a break!) A great local online resource for chicken information is the Pioneer Valley Backyard Chicken Association founded by Meg Taylor of Williamsburg. www.pioneervalleybackyardchickenassociation.weebly.com
Our Poultry Members include:
- Diemand Farm – Mormon Hollow Road – Wendell – The Diemand Family – (978) 544-3806 Turkey – Chicken – Prepared Foods and Catering. Farm store open daily 7-5
- Winterberry Farm Jill Horton-Lyons and Jim Lyons – Wilson Hill Road, Colrain 624-3940 Poultry in the fall, heritage birds in the spring www.winterberryfarm.org
- York Farm – Shelburne Farm fresh eggs – Call for availability 625-2424
- Robariah Farms – South Deerfield – Robariahfarms.com Kosher pasture-raised poultry Manning Hill Farm – Winchester, New Hampshire – Farm Fresh Eggs. www.manninghillfarm.com
- Firefly Farm – Dry Hill Road – Montague. NPIP flock – Free range chickens Pullets in the spring. Show quality Silkies – Blue Laced Red Wyandottes (413) 367-9746
- Wells Tavern Farm – Old Greenfield Road. Shelburne. (413) 625-2797 (413) 834-3611 Heritage Breed Pastured Turkeys (semi-seasonally) Cornish Roasting Hens and Stewing Chickens available year-round. Fresh eggs available by chance. www.wellstavernfarm.com
- Little Brook Farm Russell St. Sunderland – Ducks and duck eggs Free-range turkey and chickens (413) 665-3802 www.littlebrookfarm.com
- Denise Leonard – Adams Road – Greenfield Duck eggs in season (413) 773-5232 http://www.tanstaaflfarm.com